The two public health interventions that have had the greatest impact on the world’s health are clean water and vaccines
World Health Organisation, Public Health England
Devon Integrated Children’s Services Immunisation Schedule:
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) usually given to girls in years 8 & 9
- Tetanus, Diphtheria & Polio Yr 9 (+Year 10 for 2017/2018)
- Meningitis ACWY Yr 9 (+ Year 10 for 2017/2018)
- Flu Vaccine – Reception to Year 6
Community clinics are available throughout year in multiple locations, they are run in the evenings. The community clinics are available for home educated students and those who have missed their vaccinations at school.
Please ring the Immunisation Team for dates of Community Clinics on 0333 321 9884
On the day of the vaccination please ensure the following:
- That your child has breakfast – including a drink
- That your child wears a short sleeved shirt, vest top or t-shirt under their clothes (not applicable if flu vaccination only).
- After the vaccination, please report any adverse reactions to the Immunisation Team
If you need to attend with your child for a vaccination you will need to book an appointment at a community clinic.
Please answer all questions fully on the consent form and ensure the form is returned promptly to school. Regrettably no photocopied forms will be accepted. The consent form must be signed by a person who has legal parental responsibility for the child.
Schools should inform you of the date the Immunisation Team will visit.
We are always keen to receive your feedback, please tell us about your recent experience by completing our online feedback form: enter our unique code C8024 and answer the 7 short questions plus a further optional 5.